Most people only retire once in their lives. Some retirement decisions can’t be changed and could last a lifetime so it is important that you understand all the options available before making any commitments. Norris and Fisher will outline the things we think you should watch out for, the range of options at retirement and the risks. If you are not a Financial Adviser but are thinking about your retirement options then please call for a free consultation with one of our Advisers.
- Individual & Corporate Advice
- Full benefit reviews / projections
- Transfer analysis
- Consolidation analysis (transfer a number of policies into one)
- Pension Benefit options (drawdown, annuity, etc)
- Open Market Option (ensure you receive the highest level of income available)
- Impaired Life Annuities
In order to make a decision upon the above you will need to have considered the following –
- Do you know how much income you will need in retirement?
- Do you know how much income your pension is likely to provide when you retire?
- Do you know in what form you will be taking your retirement benefits?
- What other income can you rely on in retirement?
- How much pension would your spouse/partner receive in the event of your death now or in retirement?
- Have you planned ahead for your pension?
- On retirement can I get a better pension elsewhere?
Is my retirement funding on track?
Norris and Fisher can help you answer the following key questions:
- How much money will I need?
- Will I have enough money to enjoy the lifestyle I want?
- Will my pension be sufficient however long I live?
- Is my pension fund or insurance company secure?
Approaching retirement? Ask yourself these questions
- Is it best to pay off your mortgage and any other debts now?
- Do you need to review any deposit accounts or savings?
- Has your attitude to risk changed?
- Do you know how much your estate is worth?